Day 90: Getting My License Back

Since I fell asleep by around 9:15p last night, I ended up getting 8.5 hours of sleep even though I woke up 30 minutes earlier than usual. It felt good to sleep that long even with waking up several times throughout the night.

When I stepped out of bed I nearly fell over. Welcome delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)! As is typical for me, two days after performing the 60 squat to curls my quads were touch sore. 

The morning started off with a trip to the DMV Driver Safety Office in San Francisco to meet with a Hearing Officer about having my license reinstated.  

For anyone that hasn’t been through it before, it can be a bit unnerving.  

The hearing officer was nice but once the hearing started, it was all business. The entire conversation was recorded and any of the paperwork discussed was entered as evidence. 

After all of the questions were answered the hearing officer reinstated my license. I can finally drive again after nearly 3 months! 

We stopped on the way home to pick up a refill for my anti-seizure medication. Seemed fitting after my DMV hearing. 

Once we got back home we had a new pet sitter stop by before we leaving for Thanksgiving. 

After meeting with the pet sitter I was able to get settled for a few hours to tackle work. Fortunately I didn’t have any meetings today so I was able to focus on reviewing and providing feedback on project documents and budget. 

Next up on this busy Friday was heading to physical therapy. It wasn’t as grueling as usual - either that or I’m just getting used to the pain.  

After my physical therapist stretched my shoulders he had me jump into the pool to complete a number of upper body exercises. 

I finished up my work day jumping into my inbox for a while before using my Trigger Point roller to help my sore quads heal.

I was planning on working out today but my legs were too sore from Wednesday. I don’t mind since Wednesday was the first time I was able to do anything beyond riding the stationary bike. 

I’m hoping that I can go for a short run tomorrow morning. It would be great to get outside for a bit and not be confined to the stationary bike anymore. 

Tonight I dove into a new book, "Off Course: Inside the Mad, Muddy World of Obstacle Course Racing”, thanks to DailyBurn list of must-read fitness books. 

To make Friday a bit easier and more relaxing, we had ordered dinner from Munchery earlier in the  week. It really is nice to have a healthy and delicious meal delivered that only needs to be heated up. 

To celebrate getting my license reinstated we opened a bottle of bubbles that my team had waiting for me in my office when I came back to work.

We have spent the rest of the evening just relaxing after a very busy week including two trips down to Santa Clara and another trip to San Francisco.