Day 85: Time Change and Walking Sasha

Though I slept for 7+ hours last night, the time change messed with my body. 

I woke up at 4:50a thinking that it was 5:50a. Since I have been waking up around 6:30a I figured that I’d just stay up until I realized what time it really was. I went back to bed and fell asleep for another hour though I only got approximately 8 minutes of deep sleep. I finally crawled out of bed right after 6:00a. 

When I talked to Laura about it later she said that I was twitching in my sleep throughout the night. I’m not sure what that was caused from though I’m sure it affected my sleep.

Once Laura woke up we took Sasha for her normal morning walk. What made this walk different was that I tested my shoulders by holding onto her leash while we walked her.  

I tried it last night before bed without issue so we again tried it today.  

If we saw a dog then I gave Laura the leash to avoid any sudden pulling on my shoulders. 

I can’t hold onto the leash yet if Sasha decides to pull suddenly like she does when she sees a dog. But it is another step to normalcy and walking her made me smile. 

I took a few minutes to chat with my grandparents. My grandmother continued to say how happy they were with my progress especially versus what they were expecting when they arrived. 

After talking with my grandparents we headed out to run errands. Nothing abnormal except after we had our car washed we both accidentally walked to the opposite sides of the car.  

As I was getting into the driver’s side it clicked in what was happening. We quickly fixed that, shared a laugh and continued along our way. 

I did get my second hair cut since the brain surgery. I am slowly growing my hair back to the length it used to be. But, instead of just letting it grow, I continue to get it cut every couple weeks to keep it even while it grows. 

After getting back home we headed out for our Sunday walk. When we were at the point where we normally turn back we decided that we were both feeling good so we continued on.  

By the time we were back home it was a 7+ mile walk. Today’s walk was the longest we’ve gone on since the day I had the seizures. It is the same path that we took that day. 

We recovered for a but while watching football before Laura started making dinner.  

Every Sunday we try cooking a new dish. Tonight’s dinner was southwestern stuffed spaghetti squash, thanks to Pinterest. If you enjoy cooking and aren’t already using Pinterest for finding new recipes, you’re missing out.

As today comes to a close, I am reminded that 12 weeks ago my seizures changed everything.  

While we have come so far during those weeks, we still have a long way to go including several more hurdles over the next couple of months. We will keep pushing through like we have every step of the way thus far.

A sincere thank you to everyone who has continued to support us over these last 12 weeks.