It was nice hitting my sleep goal last night including getting four hours of deep sleep. Now, hopefully, I can string a few good nights together so that I can get back on track.
My upper back was sore from Friday’s workout and my lower back was already sore from yesterday’s alternating 1-arm sumo deadlifts. Surprisingly, my legs were tired but not sore (yet) from yesterday’s legs session.
As I headed into my chest and biceps workout this morning my shoulders were bothering me. I think it’s a mix of soreness from Friday and the windy, cold, wet weather that blew in overnight.
I pushed through the soreness as much as I could with this workout:
- Hammer Strength Wide Chest - 1 x 12 reps (80 lbs/side), 2 x 10 reps (100 lbs/side, 135 lbs/side), 1 x 7 reps (140 lbs/side)
- Hammer Strength Decline Press - 1 x 10 reps (90 lbs/side), 1 x 8 reps (90 lbs/side), 1 x 6 reps (90 lbs/side)
- Overhand/Underhand Cable Crossovers Superset - 3 x 15 reps (30 lbs/side)
- Finisher: Push-ups x 25 reps
- Standing Barbell Curls - 1 x 12 reps (45 lbs), 3 x 8 reps (70 lbs)
- Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 3 x 15 reps (30 lb dumbbells)
It was fun switching up my chest workout while, at the same time, increasing the weight on the wide chest exercise.
During my chest workout I started feeling a clicking in my left shoulder that happens from time-to-time so I decided to dial it back on my biceps.
As soon as I got home we headed out to run our errands to beat both the weather before it got really bad and the holiday crowds at the mall (where Target is).
Since we knocked out errands so early we came home and spent the afternoon wrapping more presents for each other. I only have the last few gifts that are being shipped to wrap with just under two weeks until Christmas - not too shabby.
The rest of the evening has been spent watching the Patriots vs Texans game and enjoying sitting in front of the Christmas with all of the presents under it.
Tomorrow and Tuesday I will be in an all-day planning meeting with my entire team including our incredible agency.