Day 489: I Finally Got a Good Night of Sleep

After a week of not sleeping well I finally got 8.5 hours of sleep last night. I didn’t wake up once throughout the night and was able to wake up without an alarm. 

I felt great when I woke up and it seemed to help me fight off any fatigue throughout the day from the chemo. 

My morning was busy with meetings and working with several of our internal business partners to move forward on projects. 

Though I wasn’t hungry for breakfast or a mid-morning meal, like usual, I was, finally, hungry at lunchtime. I had a slice of toast with peanut butter for breakfast but was able to eat a full bowl of chili with fat free Greek yogurt for lunch. 

As my afternoon came to a close I headed to the gym for a back and triceps lifting session. I decided to switch up a few of my exercises to keep my muscles guessing. Today’s workout was: 


  • Dumbbell Bent-Over Row - 1 x 12 reps (45 lb dumbbells), 4 x 8 reps (60, 65, 70, 75 lb dumbbells)
  • Hammer Strength Lat Pulldown - 1 x 10 reps (90 lbs) 3 x 10 reps (140 lbs)
  • Straight-Arm Pulldown - 3 x 15 reps (50 lbs)
  • Close Grip Cable Rows - 3 x 15 reps (80 lbs, 100 lbs, 120 lbs)


  • Straight Bar Tricep Pushdowns - 1 x 12 reps (60 lbs), 3 x 15 reps (100, 120, 120 lbs)
  • Skull Crushers - 3 x 6 reps (70 lbs)

I jumped up the weights on the dumbbell bent-over rows, close grip cable rows and the tricep pushdowns. By the time I got to the skull crushers my triceps were shot and I could barely get through the reps, never mind other sets of another exercise. 

When Laura came home we headed over to a friend and colleague’s house for a holiday party. It was really nice for Laura to get to meet some of the wonderful people that I get to work with and vice versa.  

We watched the thrilling Warriors vs Celtics double overtime game. We caught the end of the game at home and watched the second overtime when we got to my colleague’s house. Everyone was yelling at every play until the end. 

I’m looking forward to another good night of sleep before a hard legs workout in the morning followed by a vet visit and Christmas shopping.