Day 484: Waking Up Sore, Decorating and The Weeknd

When I climbed out of bed this morning I immediately felt the soreness from yesterday’s legs workout. My quads, hamstrings, glutes and lower back were all sore and would continue to get even more sore as the day went on. My triceps were also sore from Friday’s workout though my upper back was doing ok. 

After taking care of the usual morning stuff I headed to the gym to conquer my chest and biceps. 

Today I wanted to switch up my chest workout so I decided to the use the Hammer Strength machines: 


  • Hammer Strength Wide Chest - 1 x 12 reps (70 lbs), 3 x 10 reps (90 lbs, 115 lbs, 135 lbs)
  • Hammer Strength Incline Press - 1 x 10 reps (90 lbs), 1 x 4 reps (90 lbs), 1 x 5 reps (90 lbs)
  • Underhand Cable Crossovers - 3 x 15 reps (30 lbs, 30 lbs, 30 lbs)
  • Dumbbell Flyes - 3 x 15 reps (27.5 lbs)


  • Standing Barbell Curls - 1 x 12 reps (30 lbs), 2 x 8 reps (60 lbs), 1 x 8 reps (70 lbs)
  • Incline Bicep Curls - 3 x 8 reps (27.5 lb dumbbells) 
  • Dumbbell Hammer Curls: 3 x 15 reps (30 lb dumbbells)

I only managed 4 and 5 reps, respectively on the final sets of the incline press. I was having difficulty with the range of motion needed to start the lift. I will have to work on that in the coming weeks when I use that machine. 

On the final hammer curls set I did a drop set of 15 reps with 20 lb dumbbells. By the time I finished that additional drop set I could barely open my hands to put the dumbbells back on the rack. 

It was a strong workout and one that I expect will leave me sore within the next couple of days. 

After running every errand imaginable since it was our first weekend back from being in CT, we came home to decorate our tree. 

It came out beautifully and we’re really happy with it. Since it is 5-6’ shorter than our previous four trees we were able to use more lights and be more selective over which ornaments we put on it. 

Happily, it is drinking water at a decent rate. Our tree last year never took any water even after trying a variety of methods. It stayed healthy during the season even though it dropped a lot of needles. 

We tackled a bit of cleaning before heading out for the evening to see The Weeknd on his tour stop through San Jose. 

I am a fan of his and knew that I’d enjoy the concert but didn’t expect that I’d love it as much as I did. He is a true performer. If you like his music and he is stopping in your city on his tour, I highly recommend going to see his concert. 

Tonight starts my first night of my tenth round of chemo. With coming home so late from the concert, it’s going to make for a long first day on chemo tomorrow. I am hoping that I don’t feel any fatigue from the lack of sleep however the fatigue doesn’t usually kick in until later in the week.