It felt great sleeping in our bed again for the first time in 10 days. While it’s always wonderful seeing family, coming home to your bed and your routines is always nice.
With a very long to-do list, beyond processing my inboxes, I knew it would be an extremely busy day.
I wasn’t able to even take a look at my list until 2:45p when my meetings finally concluded for the day. I used that last hour to tackle as much as possible before taking off for the gym.
After not taking my pre-workout drink for the last 10 days, I could feel it hit halfway on my drive to the gym so I knew it would be a strong shoulders workout:
- Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 1 x 12 reps (27.5 lb dumbbells), 4 x 10 reps (30 lb, 30 lb. 35 lb, 35 lb dumbbells)
- Barbell Upright Row - 4 x 10 reps (70 lbs)
- Cable Lateral Raise - 3 x 15 reps (20 lbs)
- Cable Rear Delt Flye - 3 x 20 reps (20 lbs, 20 lbs, 30 lbs)
- Hammer Strength Standing Shrug - 3 x 10 reps (115 lbs, 135 lbs, 160 lbs per side)
- Dumbbell Standing Shrugs - 3 x 10 reps (75 lb, 85 lb, 95 lb dumbbells)
I increased the weight on the shoulder press though I decreased the weight during the middle section of my workout. However, when it came to shrugs, I completely crushed both exercises, making substantial increases in every lift.
I was surprised that I was able to hit a total of 320 lbs x 10 reps on my final Hammer Strength standing shrugs. I still felt strong going into the dumbbell shrugs so I was able to increase to 95 lb dumbbells.
When I came home from the gym we went grocery shopping since we had ensured that our fridge was completely empty before leaving.
Though very busy, it has been a productive day back from vacation. I will have another busy two days before going for another MRI, neuro-oncology appointment and blood work on Friday.