After sleeping for another 8 hours last night, I had a quick breakfast consisting of apple-carrot bread with icing and cornbread (far from my usual breakfast!) and then hit the gym.
Today’s workout was focused on my back and triceps:
- Dumbbell Bent-Over Row - 1 x 12 reps (35 lb dumbbells), 4 x 8 reps (50, 55, 60, 65 lb dumbbells)
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - 4 x 10 reps (120, 100, 100, 100 lbs)
- Straight-Arm Pulldown - 3 x 15 reps (50 lbs)
- Close Grip Cable Rows - 3 x 15 reps (80 lbs, 60 lbs, 65 lbs)
- Rope Tricep Pushdowns - 1 x 12 reps (60 lbs), 3 x 15 reps (70, 80, 80 lbs)
- Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension - 3 x 15 reps (40 lb dumbbells)
- Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press - 3 x 6 reps (95 lbs)
I was able to increase the weight in most of my lifts though for the wide-grip lat pulldowns and straight-arm pulldowns I had to drop the weight down.
My left shoulder was a bit cranky during my workout but I was able to push through it by stretching in between sets.
When I came back to the house we spent the rest of the day packing up the Fall decorations and unpacking and setting up the Christmas decorations.
That sounds pretty basic until you realize that my in-laws have approximately 15 boxes of Christmas decorations. I carried the majority of them upstairs from their basement which made for a great second workout.
Tomorrow, in addition to picking out and decorating the Christmas tree, we’re having another big dinner with 12-14 people coming over the house. It will be great to spend time with my grandparents since they’ll be coming down for the night.