It was another good night of sleep with only waking up once even though I had one of those nightmares that just keeps pestering you even when you wake up to try fighting it off.
After having breakfast I headed to the gym so that the day wouldn’t slip away on me without being able to go lift.
I went to the gym that my in-laws use but tomorrow I will likely try a new gym that opened up a couple of years right up the street from them.
I’m able to get in an efficient workout at their gym but it’s always fun to check out new places.
I missed my cardio and core workout yesterday but was glad to get in the following shoulders lifting session:
- Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 1 x 12 reps (25 lb dumbbells), 3 x 10 reps (27.5 lb, 30 lb. 32.5 lb dumbbells), 1 x 5 (35 lb dumbbells)
- Barbell Upright Row - 4 x 10 reps (75 lbs, 85 lbs, 85 lbs, 95 lbs)
- Cable Lateral Raise - 1 x 15 reps (20 lbs), 2 x 15 reps (25 lbs)
- Cable Rear Delt Flye - 3 x 20 reps (20 lbs, 30 lbs, 40 lbs)
- Barbell Standing Shrugs - 2 x 10 reps (225 lbs), 1 x 20 reps (135 lbs)
Even though I didn’t have my regular pre-workout drink or meal I was still very happy with my workout. I increased the load lifted in almost every exercise and my shoulders felt good during my workout.
When I came back from the gym we had another round of errands to run as we continue Thanksgiving prep.
I then had to finish stringing two of the trees outside with Christmas lights since they didn’t get done on Sunday due to all of the light issues we had.
After banging out all of that I drove my sister-in-law back down to Union Station since she has to work tomorrow before coming back up from NYC again tomorrow night for the holiday weekend.
The night has been filled with chasing my niece around and keeping her entertained. It was easier to keep her here overnight so my in-laws, Laura and I are going it alone tonight with Emma. So far, so good but the real test will be overnight.