Day 467: One Year Ago Today I Had My Third Seizure

With so much that needed to get done before leaving, I decided to work from home today which meant waking up without my alarm. 

I think I confused Sasha a bit since she’s used to me working from home on Fridays, not Thursdays. She wasn’t complaining and it was fun to spend the day with her and Darren before leaving for the next 10 days. 

It was one year ago today that I had my third seizure after not having one for approximately three months prior.  

Seizures are scary to experience. Though I know that I was only conscious for a few seconds, those few seconds felt like minutes to me.  

I can still remember Laura asking me a question as I laid in bed. I tried to respond to her yet suddenly felt as though I was drowning. 

I watched as she ran to my side of the bed. I could hear her starting to get scared and nervous. Sasha started barking because of how scared Laura was.  

And then I blacked out.  

I would awaken in the back of the ambulance just like I had the night that I shattered my shoulders. 

Fortunately, when we were at the hospital our neuro surgeon happened to be stopping in to see another patient and he saw us so he jumped right in to help with the medical care. 

It was that episode that pushed us to the decision of going with chemo instead of just watching the tendrils of the tumor in case anything happened. 

I had just had my license reinstated 1.5 weeks before that and would end up having it revoked for another three months. 

What a difference a year makes. 

I had a few meetings this morning before taking a break to tackle last-minute errands and stuff around the house such as getting my hair cut, vacuuming, packing, etc. 

Today was my first day off from working out since last Friday, including my GORUCK event last Saturday. The rest day was good and much needed before getting right back to it tomorrow with my back and triceps on deck. 

We made it up to the airport without any issue and are currently enjoying a glass (or maybe two) of red wine to help make tonight’s red-eye to EWR a bit easier. 

I’m looking forward to being back in Connecticut with our family for the next 1.5 weeks, though I already miss Sasha and Darren. Luckily, we have an amazing pet sitter who takes great care of them and sends us pictures while she’s hanging out with them.