My morning started with Laura waking me up and asking me if everything was ok. The issue? I had overslept by 40 minutes.
I pride myself on never oversleeping and waking up immediately when my alarm goes off. That didn’t happen today.
At least I lay everything out for the next day so the only thing that I had to cut out of my morning was my normal breakfast, opting instead for just grabbing a banana for the road.
My day was a blur of meetings that started at 8:30a and didn’t finish until 3:00p including several side meetings in between small breaks during the day.
Today was shoulder and traps day, and my last lifting session before my GORUCK Light on Saturday. I will take a rest day tomorrow and Thursday then a light cardio session on Friday.
- Barbell Shoulder Press - 1 x 12 reps (50 lb barbell), 2 x 8 reps, 2 x 6 reps (90 lb barbell)
- Barbell Upright Row - 4 x 10 reps (70 lbs)
- Dumbbell Lateral Raise - 2 x 17.5 reps (15 lb dumbbells), 1 x 15 reps (20 lb dumbbells)
- Cable Rear Delt Flye - 3 x 20 reps (20 lbs)
- Hammer Strength Standing Shrug - 1 x 8 reps (90 lbs per side), 1 x 8 reps (115 lbs per side), 1 x 8 reps (135 lbs per side)
- Hammer Strength Seated Shrug - 3 x 10 reps (70 lbs per side)
I had to make a few adjustments over the previous two weeks due to availability of equipment but I’m happy with all of my lifts.
I increased weight and/or reps in all of the major lifts with the most being in the shrugs with a total of 270 lbs for 8 reps.
It always makes me feel more accomplished when I crush a hard shoulders workout because of how badly I destroyed them a little more than a year ago.
Speaking of which, I realized today that not everyone knows the full story of why I write this daily update. For those that may be finding this for the first time, take a minute to read what the previous year has held for us.
Tomorrow is a much lighter day of meetings and I get to have dinner with a close friend of mine which will be a nice way to cap off the day.