It was another great night of sleep without waking up at all throughout the night until Sasha and Darren started rattling around at 6:15a.
Though I’m not a fan of waking up so early on the weekends, not only have I become used to it, but it also allows me to get to the gym early.
When I woke up, though they were starting to feel sore, my shoulders didn’t hurt after my workouts throughout the week.
I’m still trying to figure out what, if any, limits I have on my shoulders besides the range of motion issues that I have noticed.
Today was legs day. Enough said.
- Kettlebell Goblet Squat - 1 x 12 reps (14 kg), 3 x 8 reps (36 kg)
- Squat Press - 3 x 10 reps (270 lbs, 360 lbs, 410 lbs)
- Alternating Dumbbell Lunge - 3 x 12 reps (40 lb dumbbells)
- Dumbbell Romanian Deadlift - 3 x 12 reps (135 lbs, 145 lbs, 155 lbs)
- Leg Curl - 3 x 15 reps (125 lbs, 150 lbs, 165 lbs)
- Standing Calf Raise - 4 x 15 reps (195 lbs, 215 lbs, 235 lbs, 255 lbs)
On the goblet squats, squat press, deadlift and standing calf raises I was able to increase the weight lifted.
Of all of the increases I was most happy with the huge jump in the squat press. Last week I hit 320 lbs for 10 reps and this morning I was able to hit 410 lbs - a 90 lb increase in one week.
I’m not sure what my one-rep max is on the squat press but I’d guess that it is over 500 lbs somewhere since I was able to move 410 lbs for 10 reps.
After limping back to my car and up the stairs to our apartment, I dropped Laura off for her appointment before running a quick errand.
Once I picked her back up we went to see “Spectre” and then out to dinner. The movie was fantastic and one that Bond fans are sure to like.
As Saturday comes to a close, it’s nice feeling back to normal after my week on chemo. My next round will be after Thanksgiving…which is crazy to think that it’s here already.