After having so many issues with sleeping during the week, last night I fell asleep quickly, didn’t wake up once and slept for over 8 hours - big green check marks for all three.
My first “meeting” of the day was spending an hour catching up with C.C. Chapman. He is a dear friend of mine and it’s always nice to take time to chat with him.
I had another couple of meetings before shooting over to Laura’s office to have lunch with her. It’s a nice perk of Fridays since I typically work from home to end the week.
I had one more meeting to close out the week before finishing up some work and then heading to the gym.
Today’s workout was a back, triceps and abs lifting session:
- Dumbbell Bent-Over Row - 4 x 8 reps (45, 50, 55, 60 lb dumbbells)
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - 4 x 10 reps (110, 120, 120, 130 lbs)
- Straight-Arm Pulldown - 3 x 15 reps (70 lbs)
- Hammer-Strength Iso-Lateral Rowing - 3 x 15 reps (55 lbs, 60 lbs, 65 lbs)
- Tricep Pushdowns - 3 x 15 reps (50, 60, 70 lbs)
- Dumbbell Overhead Triceps Extension - 3 x 15 reps (35 lbs)
- Close-Grip Barbell Bench Press - 3 x 6 reps (95 lbs)
- Exercise Ball Crunch w/Plate - 4 x 15 reps (10 lb plate)
- Standing Pulley Oblique Twists - 2 x 15 reps (20 lbs)
By the time I started on my abs I could barely move my upper body so I cut my abs workout short but still was able to get in some work before calling it a day.
I made improvements in the majority of my lifts especially for my back lifts, hence why I probably didn’t have much strength by the time I got to my abs.
I had some shoulder pain and range of motion issues with the triceps extension so I dropped the weight and increased the reps which demolished them.
Tonight we have enjoyed catching up on one of our shows, eating leftovers and watching the Warriors do what they do best.
Tomorrow morning is legs and I am hoping to make strong improvements like I have the rest of this week on my other major lifts.