Usually on Fridays I don’t go into my office so I am able to sleep without an alarm but today I went in to grab lunch with one of our Summer interns who was back in town for the weekend.
It was very quiet in the office with only a few of us in on the entire floor. It was a great opportunity to use the quietness to focus on closing out the week on a strong note.
I received the green light to start my next round of chemo on Sunday night. Once we get through this round we will only have three more rounds before we finish up in February. With every round we get one step closer.
My workout was focused on back and abs today. Starting next week Fridays will be back, triceps and abs but since I already tackled my triceps earlier this week, I focused only on back and abs:
- Dumbbell Bent-Over Row - 4 x 8 reps (35, 40, 45, 50 lb dumbbells)
- Wide-Grip Lat Pulldown - 4 x 10 reps (80, 100, 110, 120 lbs)
- Straight-Arm Pulldown - 3 x 15 reps (60, 80, 100 lbs)
- Dumbbell Straight-Arm Pullback - 3 x 15 reps (25 lb dumbbell)
- Straight Bar Cable Crunch - 3 x 15 reps (80, 100, 110 lbs), 1 x 10 reps (110 lbs)
- Medicine Ball Crunch w/Plate - 4 x 15 reps (10 lb plate)
- Standing Oblique Twist - 4 x 12 reps (10 lb plate)
The workout ended taking longer than I expected coming in at nearly 1.5 hours. I’m guessing that with adding in triceps it will increase Friday’s lifting session to 2 hours.
I have scheduled my longest sessions for Friday-Sunday since I have more time to get through them instead of the limited time I have Monday-Thursday.
During my workout I had to consistently stretch my shoulders to ensure they stayed loose. I will keep an eye on how they feel over the next couple of days.