Day 297: Trouble Finishing My Protein Shake

It never helps when you forget to reset your alarm to repeat daily instead of just for one day. Luckily Laura had to wake up an hour earlier than usual today so I only slept 10 minutes late.

The majority of my day was spent in our leadership team meeting. It was a combination of updates, strategic conversations and laughter - exactly what I love about our team. 

Since I didn’t workout yesterday I had the choice between yesterday’s and today’s Spartan WODs. Today’s WOD was very similar to what I completed on Saturday so I decided to tackle yesterday’s: 


  • Jump Rope – 3 minutes
  • 10 Star Jumps
  • 10 Wide Push ups 

Main set 

  • 100 jumping jacks
  • 30 burpees
  • 30 box jumps
  • 100 crunches
  • 30 bodyweight squats
  • 30 side kicks (each side)
  • 100 high knees (50 each leg)
  • 30 jumping lunges
  • 30 squat jumps

I have completed this workout before but never thought to time the main set to see how long it takes me. I was able to finish the main set in 23 minutes, including taking several breaks throughout it just to reset or catch a quick breath.

I was barely able to jump for the last 10 squat jumps due to how exhausted my body was but I did finish it.

It is rare that I have trouble drinking my protein shake but tonight I could barely finish it because my body was overheating from my workout thus making me a bit nauseous. To help my body cool down I shut all of the windows and turned on our central air to help.

I love pushing my body as hard as I have been because I know that I am continuing to build functional muscle. 

When I was lifting heavy before my seizures I never sweated this much or felt as exhausted as I do following the Spartan WODs. I would be more sore from lifting weights and was able to build larger muscles but I wasn’t nearly as functional as I am now.

Tonight Laura has a work dinner so I am using the time to catch up on my inbox, work on a couple of projects and spend time doing additional mobility work.