Day 181: Saying Goodbye to My Mother-in-Law

We didn’t make it to bed until late last night after staying up for a bit talking after coming back home from dinner. 

Couple that with waking up earlier than usual to take my mother-in-law to the airport and that results in not getting much sleep. 

The trip from our new place to the San Jose airport was just around 15 minutes. That is a breath of fresh air for someone who flies a lot! 

We had made it to the airport, said our goodbyes and made it back home in the same amount of time it used to take us just to get to SFO…and that would be without traffic. 

Instead of crashing when we came back home I decided to go to the gym to get a workout in before starting the day. 

Since my chest and triceps are still sore from earlier in the week I decided to work on my legs by doing a pyramid workout that Scott Herman posted a few months ago:

Pyramid down from 15: 

  • Dumbbell Goblet Squats
  • Dumbbell Stiff-Leg Deadlifts

Finisher - 50 - Bicycle Crunch (1 - 1 count)   

I only used 10 lb dumbbells for both exercises but it was enough to completely exhaust me by the 2nd set.  

I continued to push through, however, finishing the workout in around 26 minutes. 

Today was my first day working from my new home office since we moved down to San Jose.  

For the last 4 years I have had dedicated work spaces but never a completely separate room which I now have. 

It is nice to have more space and to have it differentiated from the rest of the apartment. 

I had several meetings throughout the day but after an incredibly busy week I was pretty exhausted so I tried to take it easy by working through email, contracts and other admin-related tasks. 

As Laura went to prepare dinner tonight we discovered that the thermostat was set wrong on our fridge which ruined the ground turkey and salad mix that we had in there. 

With no groceries left in the house we decided to go out to dinner since it was already getting late. 

We typically go out on Saturdays so it was nice to do something different especially given how tiring this week was for both of us. 

While we were at dinner Laura mentioned that this week was her first full week in her office since the week before my seizures 6 months ago. 

When my seizures first occurred she initially spent all of her time at the hospital with me then had to move to working part of her days from home and finally transitioned to working from home full-time, with the exception of Thursdays,  

Tomorrow we are both looking forward to just relaxing and having a normal weekend for the first time in about a month.