Day 119: Testing My Legs with Hill Running

Even though I woke up 4 times throughout the night I was still able to get 7+ hours of sleep with 4.5 hours of deep sleep. Usually I wake up at 6:00-6:30a on the weekends but today I didn’t wake up until 7:00a which was nice.

Since it had stopped raining by the time I had woken up, I decided to head out to run hills.

I took my pre-workout drink, changed and headed outside to start a dynamic warmup. After I stretched my legs out a bit after yesterday’s grueling workout, I jogged a 1/4 mile to the hill near us to warm up my legs in preparation for the hills that awaited them. 

I sprinted the hill 10 times at 80-90% max effort focusing on forefoot striking with every step. Once I reached the top of the hill I would walk back down while catching my breath then turn around and tackle it again.

After finishing the 10th hill I jogged the 1/4 mile back to down regulate my system followed by a dynamic cool down.

I took my post-workout followed by my protein shake before getting changed and heading out to enjoy our cheat day.

Our day started out with my favorite jalapeño bagel and jalapeño cream cheese. It was good to have a savory breakfast after so many sweets when we were back in CT.

When we finished with breakfast we headed over to a local shopping area to get some Christmas shopping done. I was happy with everything that I was able to find and, though it is only the beginning of December, I am already nearly done with shopping.

We came back home to shower and change before heading down to the Silicon Valley area for lunch. 

Originally we were going to take 1-2 property tours while we were down there but we decided to push that off to another weekend when we have the time to properly drive around the area.

Instead we opted to just go out to lunch and then we went over to a small holiday party that was hosted at Laura’s COO's house. 

It was a beautiful home, a small intimate gathering and delicious food that was catered. It was a fun evening of chatting with several of the executive chefs and general managers of the restaurants. 

Though I have had a chance to thank many of them for the support they have provided, I enjoy every opportunity that I get because they have been so supportive of us throughout this entire journey. Whether it’s giving Laura the time off she needs, allowing her to work from home, cooking food for us or saying prayers, they continue to be helpful to us.

It was also cool because we had a chance to see a section of San Jose that we had never been to before, so it helps with our search for a new place to live.

We made the long trek back home from the South Bay and are now settled in watching TV for a bit before crashing.

I’m assuming my legs will be barely functional tomorrow morning after the past two days so I’m planning on a chest workout for tomorrow. It will be a true test since chest workouts put stress on the shoulders.